Monday, July 20, 2009

Glenbrook Markets

My trusty old suitcase!

Mama Duck's super cute bibs


This weekend was a Glenbrook market weekend…yay!! The Rotary Glenbrook Markets are on the 3rd Saturday of each month and it's a surprisingly great market. There are heaps of stalls with so many talented local crafts people selling their products...the organic fruit and veggie stalls are also very tempting! It is such a relaxing, friendly market! I have to say, my stall is in the perfect possie for the warmer months…but on Saturday morning I don’t think I have ever been so cold! Apart from my frostbitten toes…it was still a great day! I have a few regular customers that I love seeing each month and I eagerly await to see the latest creations a few of my favourite stalls have up for sale! My absolute favourite stall is Mama Duck by Alison King http://www.mamaduck.com.au/. She creates a range of gorgeous accessories (rings, earrings and hair clips using vintage beads and buttons) and babies products (super cute bibs, singlet’s and dummie clips). My favourite piece in her range at the moment is a girl silhouette singlet…I just wish I could fit into it! So if you’re ever heading up the mountains on a Saturday I would strongly suggest taking a quick detour off the highway to check if it is the Glenbrook market weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment